Monday, October 28, 2013

GOD WANTS YOUR HEART



GOD WANTS YOUR HEART
           
1 Kings 3:5-14
At Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon during the night in a dream, and God said, "Ask for whatever you want me to give you."

Solomon answered, "You have shown great kindness to your servant, my father David, because he was faithful to you and righteous and upright in heart. You have continued this great kindness to him and have given him a son to sit on his throne this very day.

"Now, O LORD my God, you have made your servant king in place of my father David. But I am only a little child and do not know how to carry out my duties. Your servant is here among the people you have chosen, a great people, too numerous to count or number. So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?"

The Lord was pleased that Solomon had asked for this. So God said to him, "Since you have asked for this and not for long life or wealth for yourself, nor have asked for the death of your enemies but for discernment in administering justice, I will do what you have asked. I will give you a wise and discerning heart, so that there will never have been anyone like you, nor will there ever be. Moreover, I will give you what you have not asked for "both riches and honor" so that in your lifetime you will have no equal among kings. And if you walk in my ways and obey my statutes and commands as David your father did, I will give you a long life."

Look carefully at the verses above. Solomon was King David’s son. At this time when he was crowned king, he was 17 years old. David, a mighty man and king and man of God was dead and Solomon was left to lead millions of people. Some of you feel like Solomon with a million problems before you. God asked Him, what do you want? He said ask for whatever you want. What would you have asked for if God asked this question of you? Look at Solomon’s reply.

Solomon asked for a discerning heart in order to be a good king and rule fairly. Would you have asked for this? Would you say to God; give me a heart to treat people as You would like me to? What was Solomon thinking? Why would He waste an ultimate wish from God on this? Solomon was not as nave as he appears.

Solomon had grown up not only in a palace as the prince, but had heard all the great stories of this Almighty and wonderful God who had preserved Israel and performed mighty miracles on their behalf. He had learned from his father, David, what is meant to be a man after Gods own heart and the blessings that came from following Him. He has undoubtedly seen firsthand Gods provision and answers to the prayers of the people. In short, he knew God.

He knew God was faithful and loving and gave many promises. He knew nothing was impossible to those who trust in the Lord. He knew God said he would eat the fruit of his labor and blessings and prosperity was his. He knew God answered prayer. He knew God saved. He knew God blessed. He knew God gave to the poor and needy, to the widow and orphans. He knew God comforts the broken hearted and crushed in sprit. He knew God had compassion and grace and mercy. He knew God gave men courage and good advice and direction. He knew God gives discernment, encouragement and faith. He knew God was able to prosper and give freedom, give him a future and hope. God was a friend and was a giving God. God was a healer, helper, holy, honest and without evil. He knew joy came from God. Life came from God, love also. He knew God was patient as he tried to be obedient. God was a God of peace, perseverance and praiseworthy. God answered prayer and protected and provided. God had a purpose for him and rewarded hid faithfulness. God was righteous and gave him His word as a guide. God gave self-control and worth and value. God made men strong and gave them victory. His God was God!

Solomon KNEW these things. He knew God! So as long as he was in Gods will, all he needed was Gods continued direction and a heart and mind like Gods. As you can see, God was impressed with his reply. He gave him the discerning heart he asked for, but also wisdom, riches and honor. Solomon became known for his wisdom worldwide and even today is estimated as the riches kings to ever live.

Do you know this God? He knows you. He became a man just so He could die for your sins, so you can be saved. You have one thing Solomon didn’t have; Jesus IN you. The Spirit of God dwells in your body. He is changing you and transforming you even as you read this. This God ask you the same question: what do you want? God is waiting to reward your hearts desires, but does your heart desire God? Are you willing to seek Him to know His as Solomon knew Him? Learn the key to success from Solomon: Stop asking what you can get from God and start asking what can I do for you God? I believe because you are willing to ask this question, God will give you what you have not asked for. Try it and see.

Matthew 6:24-34
"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

Do Not Worry

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat? or What shall we drink? or What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

LORD God:
Forgive me of my sins and help me not to sin. I thank you for saving me and being my Father. Please help me to know You and what Your will is for my life. I pray that You will reveal it to me and help me to follow it. I come to you and put aside all my own desires because I trust that like Solomon, when I discover my purpose in life, You will provide for me there. I wait on You Father and look with excitement for what You have prepared for me. I receive it in the Name of Jesus.
Amen

God Bless,

http://waitonboaz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment