Monday, December 2, 2013

IT'S GOOD TO BE ALIVE




ITs GOod To BE Alive

I really love God and appreciate all that He has done for me. He has granted me salvation, so I know where I’m going and in the end, that’s what matters the most in this life. But oftentimes, I still get anxious concerning the things of this life. Call it being ‘real’, call it not being spiritually mature enough, call it whatever, but it is true.

I wonder what the immediate future holds for me. I wonder how long God will grant me life in the here and now. If I go too soon, what will become of my wife and kids? Will my bills be paid in the future? The list can be endless at times!

But man it's good to be alive!

It wasn't too long ago I almost didn't make it with my heart condition. I'm still here and it's harder for me to take too many things for granted. I have in the past. Please don't make that mistake. Don’t make the mistake of clinging to less than fruitful pursuits in the present either. Life is too short for you waste time chasing things that, in the scheme of things, don't really matter. How many great opportunities have you missed? What about the relationships you wished were better? How about the dream you hoped for but let fear hold you back? I know I'm sick of being afraid!

Life is like cool spring water being poured into your hand. All its freshness has the nutrients to pour life into your soul, quench your thirst, cool your body and clean what's been dirtied. It also flows, just like life, and if you are not careful it will run through your fingers, carrying with it everything you desired from it.
Jesus said in John 10:10, “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”

Abundant life or living life to the fullest is what God wants for you! Again, not pursuing unprofitable lust and destructive desires, for that is not living, even if it temporarily fills you. God is talking about appreciating and enjoying every aspect of your life! Even through pain and hardship, you can have peace and fulfillment.

There is a term in Latin: "carpe diem"; meaning, 'seize the day'. Don't let life pass you by! There are many things you can do today; don't put them off until tomorrow. Give hugs and kisses when those whom you love are still around to receive it. Reach for your dreams and goals while you are still able to do so. You have nothing to lose but your fear. Let's lose our fears together.

It is good to be alive....but it's better to "LIVE" life!

God Bless,


http://waitonboaz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment